Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Few Funny Moments

Whats been happening around here?

All kinds of things. Sports. Work. Planning. Kids. Broken doors and grocery stores. Unscheduled mishaps and deadlines.

So many things I can't remember all of the details, but here are a few that have brought a little laughter to my life in the past few days, hope these snipets bring a little laughter to your day, today.

1)
Stacy update:

Kiki informed me that Stacy will be staying with us for a while longer.

Why? Oh, because she went on a hunt(?)with her dad and got a "case of the ticks" on her back. She's gonna be fine, though. The doctor said she could start eating again this week. That's a relief!

2) We Need To Have A Talk

The other night Kiki and Ty were at each others throats about who was going to sit on the "dirty bench." (The dirty bench is the one that Kiki wrote her name all over with black sharpie). I had had enough of the bickering and took both benches away, forcing the bandits to stand and eat their snack. Kiki did NOT like this tactic and stormed off to her room, leaving Tyler by himself.

"There, Ty." I reasoned. "Are you happy now?"

"No. I miss her."

"Well. Was it worth fighting over a dumb thing like who sits on what bench?"

"No." Tyler said, hanging his head. He left the room and headed upstairs.

"KIIIIIK?" He sang, banging on her slammed-shut bedroom door.

"Kiki?" He said, sounding very much like a grown up. "We need to have a talk."

Her door opened, the reconciliation began.

For a three-year-old, that kid is a damned good maker-upper.

3)Wierdos

By Friday evening, we were two worn out 'rents. It had been a crazy week of traveling around, working, scheduling...and the two little ones had been less than co-operative for a few days. The effects of the hectic week had clearly taken it's toll on all of us. Just before bedtime, the last "mommy straw" had snapped. The whining, sassy tone that was coming from my usually sweet, polite daughter was something that I simply could not tolerate. Thankfully, my husband honed in on my near meltdown, and swiftly stepped in to play "the nice parent."

"Kiki, go in your room and get your p.js on, then we'll read your new books."

"No."(Sometimes, I cannot believe that they JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN TO QUIT)!

"Now, Mackenzie. OR YOUR MOTHER IS GOING TO HAVE A FIT!"(Oh, THATS nice).

So Kiki defiantly went to her room. I sat down on my bed, exhausted. (I rarely sit anywhere until after 9pm.
After dinner. After clean-up. After bedtime stories.
After singing "twinkle-twinkle."
After work report.
After...well, you get the picture.

Mommy was fried.

I heard my husband go into her room to check on her progress.

"MACKENZIE! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING YOUR JAMMIES ON! INSTEAD, YOU'RE IN HERE ACTING LIKE A..."

wait for it...

"A LITTLE GIRL!"

"OOOOH!" I thought as I sat there listening to my poor husband struggle, trying to find the words to get his point across. He was exhausted, too.

There was my laugh of the day.

He came into the bedroom where I was still sitting, paralyzed with laughter.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Acting...like...a little...girl?..." I could barely get the words out between giggles.

Then he started laughing. "I don't even know what to say anymore!"

Then both of the kids started fussing about something or other, and I told my husband to shut the door.

He looked at me like he was seeing a crazy person.

I felt like one.

Shut.The.Door.

Once the kids heard the door shut, they came running to it.

KNOCKKNOCKKNOCKKNOCKKNOCK.

"Go Away." I said sternly.

"But MOOOOOMMMMMM!!!"

"GO. Go do whatever you want! Go get your own milk! Go fight with each other. I am done for the day. So is your poor father!" I couldn't believe what I was saying.

Silence.

My husband and I just sat there, staring at each other. What were we doing?!

Then, the negotiations began. Them on one side of the door. Us on the other.

"FINE! We are going to watch a movie!"(KIKI)

"YEAH. AND EAT ICE-CWEAM-POPS!" (TYLER)

"FINE! GO AHEAD!" Yikes. They were just smart enough to get the movies(see prior story) AND get the new box of ice-cream-bars from the freezer.

It was getting late. They couldn't have ice cream now!

We listened. I think they briefly went downstairs, but realized there were no lights on.

HAHA! Score one for the MAMA AND DADDY!

Footsteps.

Thump. Thump. More Footsteps.

Then we heard the music.

Kiki was strumming her guitar, and Tyler "playing" his electronic(ish) guitar(big mistake, Santa).

Then. Our little rock stars began belting out their musical plea:

"PLEEEEASE BE OUR PARENTS AGAIN..."

strum. strum. strum.

"WE REEEALLLLY REEEALLLY REEEEEALLLLY LOOOOOVEE YOOOOOOOUUUUU..."

good stuff!

"PLLLEEEEASE OPEN YOUR DOOOOOOOOOR!"

This was priceless.

Daddy and I were in a fit of laughter, both shushing each other so we could hear these woe-ful lyrics, with Tylers rendition of "Don't Stop Be-weevin," artfully mixed into Kiki's loud, pleading original.

Then, more silence.

Concert over.

KNOCKKNOCKKNOCKKNOCKKNOCK.

"Yes?" I answered.

"DID YOU HEAR OUR LOVE SONG?"

"Yes we did."

"Can you open the door and be our parents again?"

I opened that door so fast. This whole occurrence took less than 15 minutes. I really missed them. Whining. Fussing. Sassiness. and all.

Kiki came in and hugged us.

Tyler strolled in next.

Looked at us with his "mean" face. Shook his head, turned to walk out, and said simply:

"You guys are weirdos."(wee-id-ows).

Aaahh. Another Day In Paradise.

Now you are caught up on some crazy, funny, loving moments here at Crazy Road.

Thanks For Reading.

funny.crazy.love.

No comments:

Post a Comment